Spring seems to have fully arrived, and there are plenty of things to do in Hudson Valley this weekend, both indoor and outdoor. Hope you find something interesting and enjoy the weekend!
Festivals in the Hudson Valley
- It is Tarrytown Third Friday! Enjoy spring, food, music, and activities along Main Street from 5:00pm-9:00pm
- You can explore the process of turning wool into cloth using 18th-century techniques, try dyeing wool and weaving, and much more at the Sheep-to-Shawl Festival at the Philipsburg Manor at Sleepy Hollow this weekend.
- Love gardening? The Cornwell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County Master Gardeners will hold their annual Garden Day on April 18th from 8:30am-4:15pm at SUNY Ulster in Stone Ridge
- The Suffern Street Fair will be on Sunday, April 19 from 9:00am-3:00pm on Lafayette Avenue in Downtown Suffern. You will find Arts and Crafts, antique cars, food, activities and live music.
- In an event that marries beer with Shakespeare, the second annual "Shakesbeer Festival" will take place on Sunday, April 19th at 3:00 p.m. the It will be held at the Hudson Valley Community Center located at 110 South Grand Avenue in Poughkeepsie.
Earth Day Celebrations in the Hudson Valley
Earth Day is April 22nd, Wednesday. This weekend and next, there will be Earth Day celebrations throughout the Hudson Valley. The celebrations this week include:
- The Green Ossining Earth Day Festival is this Saturday, April 18th 11:00am-4:00pm at the Louis Engle Waterfront Park
- The Greenburgh Nature Center will hold its Earthy Day/Arbor Day Celebration on Saturday, April 18th 11:00am-4:00pm in Scarsdale
- Earth Day Nyack Celebration will be on Saturday, April 18th from noon-5:00pm at the Veterans Park Gazebo, Main Street & Cedar Street areas.
Shows and Concerts in the Hudson Valley
The New York International Children’s Film Festival: Westchester will take place at the Picture House in Pelham.Opening night is Friday April 17 at 6:30pm and runs all week until April 26th. Various films for all age 3-18 are selected, including short- and long-form movies from around the world.
The Emelin Theater in Mamaroneck will have two puppet shows of the children's favorite, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Other Eric Carle Favorites" on Saturday, April 18th.
At SUNY Purchase, there will be two showings of the Sound of Music Sing-Along on April 18 and 19th. Attend in costume and it is fun for both children and adults!
Saturday is the beginning of the week long Westchester Comedy Festival. The competition starts at 6:30pm at Mount Vernon.
You can see a production of "Much Ado About Nothing" at the McKenna Theatre at SUNY New Paltz this weekend and next. Opening night is April 16th (Thursday) at 8pm.
The Greater Newburgh Symphony Orchestra will present a Beethoven program at 3:30 pm on Sunday, April 19, 2015 at the Sugar Loaf Performing Arts Center.