Looking for things to do in the Hudson Valley this weekend? Spring is finally here! Although the temperature is not really showing it yet, there are still lots of spring activities that are happening.
(In case this is not the weekend update you are looking for, click here to see our most recent Hudson Valley weekend update post.)
A Little Music and Theater for Kids and Adults
Here are some shows this weekend for the adults:
- The Effect of Gamma Rays on Main-in-the-Moon Marigolds at the Schoolhouse Theater at Croton Falls.
- The Camelot at the Westchester Broadway Theater, thru April 5th. See their video of the performance below.
- Hair by the Clocktower Players, at the Irvington Town Hall Theater
- The Moody Blues at the Capitol Theater in Port Chester
- Dance off the Grid, and Joan Osborne at the Emelin Theater at Mamaroneck
- Festival of Dance by the Ulster Ballet Company. At the Ulster Performance Arts Center (UPAC) at Kingston.
- The hillarious performace of La Cage Aux Folles at the Rhinebeck Performing Arts Center. It will be the final weekend for the show.
- Don't forget our interview with the Taconic Opera and their performance of La Traviata, a sing-along opera performance on Sunday at White Plains.
- Natalie Merchant with the Purchase Symphony Orchestra at the Purchase College Performance Arts Center on Friday, March 20. There will also be a dance performance, Compagnie Käfig, on Saturday.
And here are some shows that sound fun for kids and whole family:
- Pinocchio at Rhinebeck Performing Arts Center
- Have your kids read "Fly Guy" or "Diary of a Worm"? They sure would love this performance, Fly Guy and Other Stories, based on the seven popular children's books at the Emelin Theater.
Hudson Valley St. Patrick's Day Celebrations
St. Patrick's Day celebrations are going on throughout this whole month of March. This weekend you will find St. Patrick's parades going on all over the Hudson Valley, including:
Saturday: The Yonkers St. Patricks Day Parade and the Village of Montgomery Parade
Sunday: The Sound Shore Parade and the Rockland County Parade at Pearl River.
We have them all listed on our Hudson Valley St. Patrick's Day parade guide.
A little Drinks and Spring
It is spring fling celebration at the Brotherhood Winery this Saturday night. Brotherhood Winery, at Washingtonville, is the oldest winery in America.
It is also the fourth annual Beer and Cheese festival in Kingston, New York. Interested? Find out more here.
Sugar Maple Celebrations
Other important things to do in the Hudson Valley in March is of course, all the sugar maple festives. Below is a list of several that is going on this weekend:
It will be the 12th annual Sugar Maple Celebration on March 21, 2015 from 10:00AM - 4:00PM at the Sharpe Reservation in Fishkill.
Maple Sugar Tours at the Hudson Highlands Nature Museum in Cornwall, New York
Madava Farms, the home of Crown Maple, is celebrating their family maple this weekend. You can Ejoy everything from complimentary maple syrup and maple sugar tastings, to maple cotton candy, maple cream and even maple popcorn!
Crown Maple and Madava Farms is located in Dover Plains, Dutchess County, New York. Crown Maple is organically produced from the forest at the Taconic Hardwood Forest, which extends from the New York Eastern Mid-Hudson Valley to Central Western Vermont.